What's on: Scientist for a Day: Herpetologist
Drop off your child in the morning, pick up a scientist in the afternoon.
- Event Type:
- 19 April 2018 to 20 April 2018
- 09.00 AM to 04.00 PM
- Australian Museum, entry corner of College and William Streets
- $105 Member Child / $125 Child
Ages: 8-12 years
Herpetology is the branch of science that's all about amphibians and reptiles!
In this full day program, children meet real museum scientists, go behind the scenes, try their hand at field work as well as play games and get crafty. Delve into the world of some of Australia’s deadliest animals, including snakes, saltwater crocs and cane toads. It’s an exciting time for the Herpetology team, with the launch of their citizen science app FrogID! Hop to it!
What to bring:
- Backpack with morning tea and lunch
- Water bottle
- Clothing for outdoors i.e. hat, raincoat, walking/closed-toe shoes, sunscreen as lunch will be in Cook & Philip Park opposite museum
Special note: Please make sure you sign your child in and out on arrival and departure.
No refunds. Transfers need to be made at least 72 hours in advance, subject to availability and AM staff discretion.
For enquiries or to ask us about access services, please email email@example.com or call (02) 9320 6311.