What's on: Dinosnore – Mammoth Special!
Snuggle up to a wooly mammoth. It's a night at the museum to remember!
- Event Type:
- 6pm - 8am, 9/10 March or 11/12 May
- Australian Museum Entrance, 1 William Street
- $120 Member child, $150 Member adult | $140 Child, $180 Adult
"An incredible night full of memories that I now have to share with my son." - Anna, Mummy Muckups
Sleep next to giants and have an exclusive exhibition viewing (minus the crowds!) of Mammoths: Giants of the Ice Age! Venture on a torchlight tour and meet some Aussie megafauna along the way before settling in for a film screening of family favourite Ice Age. In the morning you will wake to breakfast at our rooftop cafe overlooking Sydney Harbour.
Ticket price includes:
- Buffet dinner and continental breakfast in our rooftop cafe
- Oz Wildlife Show where you will meet animals such as crocodiles, pythons and lizards
- Torchlight tour of the Museum Galleries, including Wild Planet and Surviving Australia
- Film screening Ice Age in the Theatrette
- Sleep in Dinosaurs (9 March) or Mammoths (11 May)
- Special exhibition entry - Mammoths: Giants of the Ice Age!
- Children receive a goodybag to take home which includes a soapstone carving kit!
Please find answers to FAQs at the bottom of this page. For all other enquiries please email email@example.com or call (02) 9320 6311.
What to bring:
- Water bottle
- All sleeping equipment i.e. camping mat, sleeping bag, pillow, comfortable sleeping clothes
- Tooth brush, toiletries and wash cloth (no showers available)
- Ear plugs and sleep mask (optional)
- Please note that the museum is unable to store personal belongings. Please refrain from bringing unnecessary valuables with you and please keep your valuables with you at all times.
The north end of the Dinosaur Gallery, which includes T.rex Autopsy, is closed for ceiling repairs for the foreseeable future. We have reduced the capacity of the upcoming Dinosnore sleepovers to accommodate this closure. We apologise for any inconvenience.
To become a Member of the AM and take advantage of the discounted ticket price, visit: australianmuseum.net.au/members
More questions? Check out our FAQs here.