Australian Museum Foundation
Donations to the Foundation help to support the Museum's vital work.
Led by a team of Trustees, the Australian Museum Foundation is an independent legal entity, which raises funds for the Australian Museum (AM) to excel in scientific research; to offer exceptional exhibitions and educational programs and to acquire significant objects for our collection.
Recent projects supported by the AMF include:
- restoration of the historic Westpac Long Gallery which re-opened during the AM’s 190th anniversary with the 200 Treasures of the Australian Museum
- a conservation program to the Solomon Islands to survey the region’s largest native mammals, the elusive Giant Rats and Monkey-faced Bats, which are critically endangered
- a science, research and conservation expedition to benchmark native and introduced animal populations on Lord Howe Island
- an expedition to enhance our understanding of the marine biodiversity of outer reefs in the south western Pacific focusing on fishes and invertebrates
- acquisition of elaborate headdresses and body adornments from three cultural communities in Papua New Guinea
- documenting our Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander history stored in the AM’s Research Library to provide deeper understanding and cultural knowledge
In 2018 the AMF will continue to help finance the exceptional work of our inspiring scientists, explorers and educators as they help to protect Australia’s and the Pacific’s vital natural and cultural heritage for generations to come.
Become a Guardian of our future
By becoming a Guardian of the Australian Museum Foundation you will be invited to an exciting program of tailored events including:
- exhibition openings
- private viewings of exhibitions
- behind-the-scenes tours of collections and laboratories
- tailored 'insider briefings' wtih AM experts and visiting VIP guests
- plus other special events!
The Australian Museum Foundation raises funds to support projects across the AM, from research and collections to cultural and education programs. As a Guardian your support will help provide funding for vital AM projects.
You can become a Guardian for three years by committing to a tax-deductible donation starting from $3,000. This can be paid in one lump sum of $3,000 for the three years, or by annual instalments of a minimum average of $1,000 per annum over the three-year period.
For further information about the Guardian program download the brochure, view our schedule of events or please contact the Development team on (02) 9320 6216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to donate
- Phone us on +61 2 9320 6216
- Email or post your donation form
How to leave a bequest
Please see our bequests page for information and contact details.
We would like to acknowledge our donors and those generous individuals who have made a bequest to the Museum.
Questions or comments?
We'd love to help you. Please contact the Development team on (02) 9320 6216 or email@example.com.